Skip to main content

Sweet Escape to Canyon Woods

My husband and I have been married for almost 20 years and we haven’t got a chance to indulge in an overnight staycation with just the two of us. Maybe one of the reasons is we’re too afraid to be away from the kids even just for one night so we don't really push it through. 

Last February of 2018, (as you notice, this is a long post overdue), my blogger friend Mommy Levy Blogger launched a contest in time for her birthday which I luckily won. The prize is a staycation for two at Canyon Woods Resort Club with breakfast. 






Yes, I won!




I found out that I won from a neighbor who sent me a message because that day was so exhausting, I couldn't even spare a minute to touch my phone. I was so stressed out to the point that I almost wanted to cry, so imagine my reaction when I found out that I won an overnight staycation just by liking, subscribing and sharing a Facebook post.

The voucher is valid until April 30, 2018. We still had three months to plan for that Batangas trip. First on our list, well, before anything else, we had to find someone who is willing to spend the night in our house and watch over the kids while we're away. I have three boys, by the way. 

We haven't done this before. I mean, leaving the kids for 24 hours straight.

I am a self-confessed paranoid mom. Maybe because I was so hands on and I am the only one who's taking care of them 24/7 without any household help (my husband who is working for 12 hours a day/6 days a week). That's why I am so thankful to my mom and my sister-in-law for looking after the kids while we're away.



We checked in last April 5, 2018. We arrived there at 4:30pm and finished settling our things in the room at exactly 5pm. We roam around the building and found the indoor pool but unfortunately,the pool closes at 5pm and opens at 8am. So we ended up checking the other resort facilities. Apparently, the resort is really huge and there are a lot of activities that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults.

The Indoor Pool





The Outdoor Pool

They also have a golf course and spa which we wasn't able to try. We spent the night in our suite, watching a movie while eating our take out dinner from Clubhouse Coffee Shop. The food is good, a bit pricey, but you have no other choice because there were no other restaurants or fast foods nearby. It is located in the middle of the woodland.

Canyon Woods Resort Club is kind of isolated but if you are after the beautiful scenery and fresh air while enjoying recreational activities with privacy, this resort is a go-to.

We had our breakfast at the Clubhouse while enjoying the fresh scent of the pine trees which reminds us of Baguio. The cool weather wraps around our shoulders that will give you a relaxing and peaceful mood.






After we had our breakfast, we headed back to our room then packed our things right away because our minds didn't really left our home especially to a super hands-on mom like me. Not to mention that we're travelling back with our motorcycle so we do not want the afternoon heat consume our energy.

We didn't had the chance to maximize our alone time but we will surely treasure those happy moments because we rarely spend a day with just the two of us. We definitely enjoyed our stay and we wholeheartedly thank the heavens and Mommy Levy for making this staycation possible. 

Thank You Mommy Levy from Mr. and Mrs. Geronimo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and