Skip to main content

I'm over you, April


No, April is not my frenemy’s name, or a relative or neighbor. I meant, April of 2016.

April has been so mean to me. Not my birth month but it seems like I was sick all month long.

During the first week of April, I had flu. I had fever for a week. I have not been recovered yet when cough striked. A rib cracking, throat ripping one. I won’t forget those sleepless nights when it made me utter a curse while pounding my chest for difficulty of breathing. I already finished my meds for a week but I wasn’t completely healed.

The following week, I felt abdominal and lower back pain. It even affected my legs and bending became so hard whenever I had to pick up something from the floor. I almost mistaken it as a UTI (Urinary Track Infection) but my lab tests were clear. The doctor advised me to have an X-Ray done if the pain persists after giving me meds. Thank God everything disappeared after almost 2 weeks.


Oh, April hasn’t done yet. It threw me hyperacidity at it’s last week. I was vomiting and shaking with cold sweats. I felt really weak and I almost felt that what's happened has made me less of a mother and a wife. I didn't expect that my period is on it's way. I think that's the reason why, and oh, hyperacidity is my old enemy.

My health is really important to me but I get so careless most of the time. I am not a figure-conscious type of a woman maybe because I don't get fat easily and I've got speedy metabolism. I eat what I like to eat (not in moderation) I am too lazy to try any form of exercise and I often neglect minor pains especially when I feel like it is still bearable.

But as a mother of 3, I know that being strong and healthy is the most important factor for me to be able to perform effectively in the house. I’ve got tons of chores to do everyday, kids to take good care of and a husband who is always worried whenever I’m not in good shape.

This is the time when the voice of the oldies echo in my mind saying “someday, you’ll regret abusing your body, when you become a lot older, that’s the only time you’ll feel that every part of you is getting weak.”

I think it’s not yet too late to live a healthier life. I can start today for the sake of my family.

Just dont take my chocolates away from me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and