Skip to main content

Friendship 101: How would I tell my friend that her husband is fooling around?


Let us take the friendship into a more mature level. It’s not all about girl bonding, shopping, gossiping or cooking together. It is between two married women who happened to be friends for more than a decade. How their marriage affects their friendship which involves honesty, compassion and solicitude.

They’ve been through a lot. They’ve shared everything, never kept any secrets. Even the bits and pieces of their married life were shredded between conversations. Only one thing is for sure, their husbands weren’t alike. The two men are far different from each other. Their attitude and principles are like summer and winter, clean and messy and black and white.


She’s lucky she has the summer, the clean and the white.



Until the time came that she found out something that she knew that it might be the cause of the downfall of her friend’s marriage. She found out that her friend’s husband is cheating on her, not one, not twice…with different women from time to time and is easily done because of the nature of his work. The fish was caught from his own mouth in the middle of a drinking session with some other men in the neighborhood.


The friend has already had an idea because it is done before but believed that he has changed.


It gave her long sleepless nights thinking of ways on how to tell it to her friend without affecting the friendship no matter how their marriage would end up, or thinking if she’s gonna tell it or keep it a secret until her friend would discover it herself.


Weighing things out, she decided to ask herself. “If I were in her shoe, I would rather hear it from a trusted friend than from the mouth of the so called “gossip girl in town”.

But the question is, does she has the courage to spit it out just as like as their normal conversations? Does she has the strength to see her friend’s marriage shatter in front of her very eyes?

She’s weak. She said “no.”

She’s not strong enough to witness the heartbreak of someone so dear to her.

What she did was, she input a lot of warnings, precautions, whatever you may call it, into their usual conversation just to impose vigilance on her friend’s part. She’s leaving it on her to decide if she’s gonna be dumb for the rest of her life or make the move, be smarter, be more alert, be strong and fight.


She know she did the right thing. Because if she said everything to her friend without any evidence, there’s a big possibility that the husband would strongly deny the accusation as it is the mantra of men. (Well, almost!)


Besides, somebody told her that it is the best not to invade a marriage for the decision would always end up between the two of them.


Unfortunately, her friend found out something, the husband is so good in denying it (until now), and the wife has decided to keep silent about it. Sad.  


I hope I sent the message right.



Photo: bestlovesms.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and