Skip to main content

I am in need of prayer warriors


Dear Lord,
               

I know you can see me, you can hear me weep, and you can feel my pain. I am having a difficult, high-risk pregnancy. It is even more difficult being alone without a help from anyone to constantly attend to the needs of the kids and take care of the household chores when the doctor advised me to take a complete bed rest.  What breaks my heart is to see my kids calling me in the morning to prepare breakfast when I am at risk if I do so. 

Certainly, I would still take the risk with a thought that you, oh Lord, would never put me in danger. It is also hard to see my husband’s sacrifices when he has to clean the house while preparing our lunch and bathe my kid right after he put his bag on the table after work. I know how tiring it is for him but I never heard even a single complain. He does everything, sacrificed a lot with full of hopes and encouragement that we can get through all of this as long as we’re together. I can clearly see that my family has to go through these tough times.  



For a devoted mom and wife like me, it is like killing me into pieces. Especially when I had to stop Joaqui from going to school everyday because nobody can accompany him everyday like I usually do. Lord, you know how much I cried seeing his school bag hanging against the wall because I really don’t want any of my kids to be deprived from any of their rights just because of my condition, but I have to. I have to think of the little life in my womb because it also has the right to see the world. It feels like the world is on my shoulder when Joaqui asks me to go to school every single morning and I can’t do anything but to look at my son and cry.

 One day, I had spotting just because I cooked rice for my kids. But still I have to wake up at 4’o clock every morning to prepare my eldest to school. It feels so laborious for me to do simple things that I normally do. These simple instances made me feel less of a mother. I wasn’t able to perform my duty as a mom anymore. Lord, you know how much I took care of this family and how much I dedicated my whole life for them. I don’t want to see them getting affected of what is happening which is totally out of my control. I just want to see my kids to be happy and healthy and well taken care of. 

My pregnancy changes everything. It turned our lives upside down. Certainly, I do not blame my baby but sometimes I blame myself for being not so strong at times especially when my loved ones see me cry. I just couldn’t handle the pain anymore. My life now is full of worries and pain. I know this is not good with my present condition but crying comes naturally partly because of hormones and the physical and emotional pain that I am experiencing at the moment. I worry 
because I don’t want everything that happened to Joaqui happen again this time. I also had a difficult pregnancy before, until I gave birth to Joaqui prematurely. Everybody knows what my family and I had to go through and it almost killed me. 

Lord, I am offering a fervent prayer to please guide me and keep me safe all throughout my pregnancy. We wanted to keep this and we chose to keep your gift because we know that this will be another source of our joy eventually. Lord, please give us enough strength to face all of this. I know you have your own reasons, whatever it may be, I know that in the end, it is in your will to make us all happy and proud of what we have become after everything that we’ve been through. Please take away all my worries and pain, touch my heart and let me see the light at the end of this journey called motherhood.


Sincerely,
Clary


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and