Skip to main content

Scholarship Grants from MOB Foundation 2003, Inc.



My eldest son, Kenzach, is a First Year High School student, now called as Grade 7 under the new program of Department of Education which is called K to 12 whereas the Kinder plus 2 additional years in basic education is now being implemented.

He graduated as a Salutatorian in his previous school, Merit Winners Academy with an average of 90.60%. We never joined a scholarship before, so when my friend told me about the MOB Foundation 2003, Inc. which is looking for incoming First Year High School student who has an average of 85 above, we didn’t hesitate to join. My son took the exam and interview and he passed! God knows how truly I am proud of him when we heard the news.


Honestly, I have never been heard of this foundation who grants scholarship for high school and college students who belong to indigent families. Yes, we are a family who manage to eat three or more meals a day but I am certain that every payday gives me and my husband a headache thinking of how we can divide his salary in paying bills, debt and for food and other necessities. I have two kids but since my youngest is a special child who undergoes an Occupational Therapy every week and recently started attending special education class, we are undoubtedly having financial problems as any normal family of four does so I consider this as a big blessing from God above.

MOB Foundation 2003, Inc. is a non-stock, non-profit foundation whose aim is to reach the less privileged members of our society through medical and dental missions, outreach programs and other activities to lessen their sufferings. It is composed of dedicated people from the different sectors who voluntarily and freely give their time, resources and talents for the benefits of the needy.

MOB Objectives:

- Continue to reach out to the depressed areas by giving medical and dental help and feeding. 
- Establish home for the aged and abused children through sponsoring adopt an elder and child program 
- to provide livelihood program to the needy 
- Seek the help of the private sectors to enable them to share their blessings with our needy brothers and sisters. 
- Mobilize the whole foundation to reach its full growth in helping the less privileged people. 
- Plan and accomplish activities to generate funds to sustain the projects, missions and outreaches of the MOB Foundation 2003, Inc.



A week ago, I received a text message telling us to go to the MOB office and sign up for the scholarship form along with the foundation policy as we are about to be handled by them. Once qualified, they are giving you 10,000php per student per year. It will be divided for ten months and will be given to the students 1,000php every month. It is such a big help for the parents because it is equivalent to the child’s everyday allowance for a month.


Proud Daddy!


His first monthly allowance


These are the qualifications and a few rules and regulations that we must abide to be able for us to sustain the scholarship.

  •     *  The student should be enrolled in a public school to be qualified for the scholarship grants.

  •     *  He/she must have the average of 85% and above and should pass the exam and interview.

  •     *  Must complete the requirements such as:

a)      Photocopy of the card or Form-138
b)      Photocopy of the child’s birth certificate
c)      Biodata with 2x2 picture
d)      Baranggay Certificate
e)      Certificate of Good Moral Character
f)       Affidavit of No Fix Income
  •     *   Must maintain the 85% and above grade per subject.
  •     *  Shouldn’t be involved in any fights and must be good, behaved and a        model student all the time.
  •     *  Should join the medical mission for at least three times a year.




If you are interested to be one of their sponsors in helping the needy even  in your littlest ways, just visit their website at  www.mobfoundation.com


Comments

Congratulations for getting the scholarship! Its nice that there are small orgs providing scholarships.

Good luck to your child going into HS! :)
miekee_18 said…
Congrats to your son! I can feel how proud you are:) Tel him to keep up the good work!
miekee_18 said…
Congrats to your son.I can feel how proud you are:) Tell him to keep up the good work!
Jellybelly said…
That's wonderful! No need to worry about his daily baon. Good job kenzach!
zoan said…
CONGRATS and good luck to your SON:) You are definitely a proud parent!
Prettymom said…
congrats to your son for passing the scholarship..I am sure you and hubby are proud parents :)
Shengkay said…
wow galing naman ni anak...
good job and keep it up baby!
krizza said…
Congratulations to your son. You must be a very proud Mom. I was too! I can relate very well to your feeling as I have two scholars before and it makes me really really proud!

Keep it up young boy! :0
filmansantiago said…
That is a great help indeed! Scholarships like this one is just so amazing. I wasn't a scholar when I was at your son's age but my older was, but I benefited from it. It was like, instead our mother would give us 10 each, but because of the scholarship, I receive all the 20. hehehe...

Cheers! Congrats to your son and to you, parents.

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and