Skip to main content

Geronimo Stilton: Fa-mouse-ly funny and whisker-licking-good Adventure Series

My kids are just as fond of books as I am. They grew up choosing books over toys, choosing National Bookstore or Booksale over Toy Kingdom. My eldest even saves his daily baon to be able to buy his favorite book or kids’ magazines because I also teach them to be responsible when it comes to spending and saving money. As early as one year old, I encourage my kids to read because as a reader myself, I want them to spend more time reading a book than watching TV while inside the house because I learned that being too addicted to the television increases hyperactivity for kids. There are times when I see ourselves sitting in every corner of the house holding books. I have my own collections of different fiction and non-fiction books. The kids have their own collections of books, too and one of them is the Geronimo Stilton series of adventures.



Php285.00 each at National Bookstore


We saw these colorful-covered books in National Bookstore. But what made us to buy these books is because we just actually saw our surname Geronimo on its cover. At first, we thought that it is also the surname of the author but it’s actually not. It is the first name of the main character in the series which happens to be a mouse! Geronimo Stilton runs a newspaper but has a passion in writing adventure stories. He lives in New Mouse City, the capital of New Mouse Island. He is very famous because his books are all bestsellers.


We bought two books at first just to try if it’s going to fit my kids’ taste when it comes to books. Well, basically, kids love adventures, horror and funny books that is why when we arrived at home, my eldest flipped on the first page then he doesn’t put it down until he is finished up to the last page. This is the attestation that they loved the book and my husband ended up buying another sets for them the following day.


Geronimo Stilton special hard bound editions


They also released the special edition, hard bound Geronimo Stilton which has really beautiful and colorful pages on the inside, not to mention the well-written adventure stories suited for children 6 – 12 years of age. Geronimo Stilton is published by Scholastic Inc., a best-selling children's book series first published by Edizioni Piemme of Milan, Italy, since 2000. Scholastic Corporation has published the English version of the series since February 2004. Although the series credits its title character as the author, the idea was originally thought of by Elisabetta Dami. On older novels, the copyright is issued to a pseudonym "Geronimo Stilton"; this was changed on newer books.  I learned that there has been a report to the publisher that someone distributed the books without a cover and once called the “stripped book.” The publisher has warned the people that if they purchased this book without a cover, then they should be aware that that book is stolen property. It was reported as “unsold and destroyed” to the publisher, and neither the author nor the publisher has received any payment for that “stripped book.”



Comments

Unknown said…
kaiingit naman mga kids mo love nila books wish ko lang ganito din junakis ko
Unknown said…
Hi there! I'm a new follower from BC bloggers and would love for you to follow me back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com and pinterest
Aileen said…
Wow! That's simply great! I wish the same sana for my nephews but they prefer toys over books. Still, I buy them books :-)
my daughter loves reading books too. do you think a 10-year old girl will enjoy these series?
Postcard Trail said…
its good that you started your kids at a young age to read.
Nanay Blogs said…
That is nice to hear sis, I wish my son will choose books over toys or cartoons din!
Unknown said…
bookworms hahaha!
i admire you how you impart the concept of loving books to your kiddos at early age
Prettymom said…
that is a lot of book to read..:) your kids seems happy on the photo so I guess they love the book.
This is absolutely unbelievable! Your kids remind me of myself and my brother when we were kids and book worms! The same scene--father and all us four children engaged with books and mother having a horrid time calling us for lunch! We saved money to buy books, begged others to do so for us and ransacked all available libraries in town!

Congratulations for giving your kids the best habit in today's difficult times!
Pearl said…
Geronimo Stilton was also my daughter's favorite, now she's hooked on reading detective stories, sometimes she's into Nicholas Sparks novels.
bonz said…
now that's a lot of books.
my little girl also prefer books than toys even though she still doesn't know how to read. :)


Little Zoie's Steps
Aaaaaa said…
good thing your sons are all into reading books. it will enhance there vocabulary and communication skills.
Paula said…
Sis how old is your son? Do you think my 7 year old would appreciate this?
Liz said…
Lots of books! :) Maybe,my sister should start reading some of them.

Lizzie of Pinkville
crazyme said…
My 10-year-old niece also likes Geronimo Stilton! She has inherited our fondness for reading and I do hope my own children will grow up with the same love for books.
w0rkingAth0mE said…
Its nice to know your kids love books, I am not really a book lover but i hope my 4 yr old daughter would love reading books, will really provide knowledge so hoping =)
Rachelle said…
great kids! i bet they are good in school too!
seth said…
I don't know that too much tv exposure to kids causes hyperactivity. Now, I know why my son is like that...I am a book lover as well and I should check this book soon.
Unknown said…
I admire the idea of introducing books to children at an early age over television on this times that most of kids will go and watch tv.this is really a good hobby and a family activity too. It also improves our imagination and highly recommended!

Kudos!

http://mutualfundphilippines.com
KRIZZA said…
Wow..I really admire your family. You are really into books and never hesitate to spend money for good books. That's a good thing to emulate and to instill in the minds of those kids. Keep it up!
Unknown said…
My kids love books too. Dinosaurs and other adventure books. :-). I will check these books later. Thanks for post.
Daddy Yashiro said…
Nice that your kids got plenty of reading materials there.
Wow! That's a lot to read. I'm sure he'll never get bored.
books! im hoarding books for my 8th mo boy too!
filmansantiago said…
Great that you child's not among those children consumed much of their time in computer games. :)
Dominique Goh said…
My eldest love reading geronimo stilton books too.. we do have the cartoon on tv in the evenings.

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and