Skip to main content

Hungry for more!

I am a certified bookworm since I was a kid. I remember reading the newspaper when I was only 6. I am an early reader and a fast learner (Ehem! these are sweet praises from my loving mom).

I’ve got a Sweet Valley High and Sweet Valley University collection back in high school but I lost them one by one until none of them left because we moved from one house to another several times before. I remember how hard it was from packing and unpacking your things to arranging them all over again. I have lost a lot of my personal belongings. When I got married, quit my job and finally settled as a plain housewife, I started collecting books again. My thoughtful husband used to give me books as presents. He gave me the The Hunger Games trilogy even before they brought the movie here in the Philippines. I got so intrigued and fascinated with this book because I find it interesting in the first couple of pages, it has an unusual story that you could play with your imagination. It is the type of a book that you won’t be able to put down when you started reading it.



Suzanne Collins is insane! She could drive the readers crazy as soon as you reach the climax of the story. She could play with the twists and turns that you would not be able to predict. I fell in love with the characters, Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, Gale, Haymitch, Cinna, President Snow and even the fashionable Effie Trinket. Every character has a remarkable impact that you wouldn’t be able to forget their names. 


I fell in love with it especially when I saw the movie. It was so overwhelming to see the characters finally come to life in the big screen. When I started to read the second book entitled Catching Fire, all the characters have finally had their faces in my mind!



And now, I am down on the page 14 of the third and final book of The Hunger Games entitled the Mocking Jay and I can say that Suzanne Collins did an excellent job in writing a sequel that improves upon the first book. Can’t wait to see the next movie, it really is a sure hit worldwide!



The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games Trilogy

Comments

Jhari said…
I have these on eBook format. I started reading Book1, but I can't visualize the story yet. I will see the movie then I'll read nalang. That's what happen with me when I watched Twilight. After seeing the movie, wala na... naloka na ako kay Edward and Bella's love story. Then tuloy tuloy na basa ng Twilight Saga. Hahaha!
Aaaaaa said…
i used to read sweet valley high series since my sister has a knocked to buy them during our childhood years. So before our house filled with her books, we sell those she doesnt need anymore at sulit.com.ph
Marie Burns said…
I am also a book worm, specially mga series.. I've got a vast collections of fiction books from harry Potter to Twilight and more, This book is the next on my list..

I'm a new follower! I hope I get a follow back din I would love to get connected with you =)...

http://filipinawifesdiary.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and