Skip to main content

Are you married with the kids?


Are you the type of a mom who is too devoted with the kids and doesn’t really care if her marriage fails as long as the kids are under her custody? If you’re answer is yes, well, you are not alone. I am one of those fierce wives who are willing to tell her husband to “Go to hell for all I care as long as my kids are mine” when something goes wrong in a relationship.


Moms are designed to be dedicated with their kids and there is nothing more wonderful than motherhood. Ever since we brought them to life, we became selfless and started to evolve our worlds with them more than our husbands. We prioritize the needs of our children first before attending to our husband’s needs. Maybe because from the day that we found out that we are pregnant, we began to get attached with the little life inside our womb. The wonderful idea that they grow inside our body and giving birth to them after nine long months (not to mention the nauseas and everyday morning sickness for several months), I bet every mom are more than willing to die just to see their children happy and contented. We sometimes neglect the fact that in order to make our children happy, we must let them live inside an ideal and happy family as much as we can. And a happy family consists of a happy mom, a happy dad, and happy kids that would make our house a home.

Time and effort management make a lot of sense in keeping a harmonious relationship between your husband and the kids. As much as possible we would want to see them both well-taken care of. But we must not disregard the man that took us to the altar and promised a “for sickness and in health, till death do us part” vow with. They are also selfless providers who have nothing in mind but to make a living for his wife and his children. We say we sacrificed a lot, they are, too. (I know all the married men out there might put up a fans club for me because of this) ^_^

Personally, I am guilty to all of these. I often took my husband for granted and got preoccupied with the household chores and my children’s needs. I am just so lucky to have a husband who has a ton understanding and seems like having a never ending patience with everything. He puts a lot of effort to get my attention most of the time and let me feel that I am well-loved despite of the lack of time and I must say, less love that I’ve given him all these years.
One day, I just came into a realization that in order to have a happy home, a happy marriage should exist. And a child deserves to see their parents love each other under one happy roof.

Take care of our marriage, be a happy wife, then a happy mom will come out, who has enough energy and overwhelming love to divide equally for her children and for her better half.


Comments

Aileen said…
It's a great advice. After all, before the kids came, it was just the two of you. One should not forget that...and someday the kids will leave the nest, so it will be just the two of you again. It will be hard to catch up when you have been alienated for the past years, di ba?
Clary Diary said…
Hi Aileen! Thanks for dropping by. :) You're right, someday the kids will get married, have their own lives and somehow, we're gonna be out of it. So, might as well enjoy each other's company and build a strong foundation. Godspeed! :)

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and