Skip to main content

Study Table as an Early Christmas Gift


Every year, my husband and I are having a thorough thinking on what to give to our kids as a Christmas present. We want it to be useful and at the same time it must be the one that they would like to have. Most of the kids are asking for toys. They want toys more than anything else and toys are all over the place during Christmas season because we believe that Christmas is basically for the enjoyment of our little ones. Our relatives would usually ask me about what I think is the best gift that my children would want to receive on Christmas and I would tell them that it’s okay to give whatever suits their budget but I prefer things that they can use such as clothes or slippers since my kids are both boys who run outside most of the time, their slippers don’t last that long.


Last Thursday, exactly ten days before Christmas, my mom called and told me to pick up her gift for my youngest son, Joaqui. We are in Manila that time and I called my husband to meet us in a Salon where my mom works. I am so delighted when I saw the big box, it’s unwrapped, only tied with plastic strings for support so I could see that it is a study table with a pair of chair because my family knows that Joaqui loves to read and draw. This is really essential for him because we’re very sure that he’s going to use it ALL THE TIME.






A colorful study table set for our pre-schooler is such a perfect gift for a kid who loves to read, write and draw. This can also motivate them to study even more because they are sitting in a nice and colorful table and chair.

Big thanks to my parents who never fail to show love and affection for my kids. Cheers to all Lolo and Lola’s out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conti's Ensaimaditas and Cheese Swirl

And as usual, this is one of the delightful sweet pasalubong from hubby. He’s the sweetest person on earth who loves simple presents and big surprises.  He arrived at home from his night shift duty at around 8am. My little boy and I just got up from bed, me having my cup of coffee and my little boy having his glass of milk. It’s just another morning of what-to-prepare-for-breakfast dilemma of a mom when he arrived with 2 boxes of bread.  I would like to share my honest review with Conti's Ensaimaditas and Cheese Swirls. 

Geronimo Stilton: Fa-mouse-ly funny and whisker-licking-good Adventure Series

My kids are just as fond of books as I am. They grew up choosing books over toys, choosing National Bookstore or Booksale over Toy Kingdom. My eldest even saves his daily baon to be able to buy his favorite book or kids’ magazines because I also teach them to be responsible when it comes to spending and saving money. As early as one year old, I encourage my kids to read because as a reader myself, I want them to spend more time reading a book than watching TV while inside the house because I learned that being too addicted to the television increases hyperactivity for kids. There are times when I see ourselves sitting in every corner of the house holding books. I have my own collections of different fiction and non-fiction books. The kids have their own collections of books, too and one of them is the Geronimo Stilton series of adventures. Php285.00 each at National Bookstore

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and...