Skip to main content

An Open Letter for my Best Friend

This is an open letter for my best friend who chose to be an OFW because of the very limited opportunities here in the Philippines. This is the first time that we will be away from each other and I know this is gonna be very hard for the two of us. I made a letter for her before she leaves that will going to be a constant reminder of our memories and how strong are we to face these obstacles.


My Dearest Best Friend,


             I am in deep grievance whenever the truth sinks into my mind that finally, you are leaving.
I just couldn’t believe that this is actually happening, the fact that I am writing a goodbye letter to the person who’s been there for me, walked with me, crawled with me and climbed with me every single step of the way. Honestly, my hand is so dumb, that every word I write simply slips out of the paper, but I tried my best to come up with a beautiful letter that you might want to read over and over again. By the way, I am writing in English because I’m sure that you will be speaking in fluent English when you get there. In fact, you’ll speak in English far way better than your bosses, that’s for sure. :)

              A countless deep sigh that I am giving right now while I’m writing this letter for you is for proper breathing because otherwise, I will faint.  :)

              First, I wanna thank you for everything that you have done for me, for all of the things you have given me, and for all the happy memories and laughter that we shared together. I will really, really, really miss all of those. Not to mention the crying moments and suddenly laugh with tears on our eyes. It just means that we were real people when we are together. We can show the real “us” when we’re together. That is what I’m gonna miss a lot. The person who understands me well, who knows me inside-out, the person whom I can show the real me, without pretending, who knows my soft spot and can see the weakness beneath my hard shell which covers the painful truths in my life. I guess, nobody could ever replace you. We understand each other with just a single meeting of our eyes; we already knew what the other one is thinking with just a simple glance. Do you think anyone can do that for us? Probably, not.

               Thank you for loving me, like your little sister, a daughter, a best friend, a partner in crime, words are not enough to express how thankful I am for having you in my life. It is so overwhelming.

                I know only for a couple of years, but no one knows if it’s for several years because you might start fulfilling your dreams in other country that you’re aiming for. Hopefully. Yes, it might sound difficult for me, but believe me, I am genuinely happy for this opportunity that comes your way. I just really, really pray for your safety and good disposition in a foreign country which I know is very difficult for you at first, but I know that you can get through it. With the determination and strength that you have, with the blessings and guidance of the Lord up there, bear in mind, that everything will be alright. Whatever obstacles that you might run with, just remember that there are tons of people who are more than willing to hug you and save you whatever might happen. Just do your best, I know you will never end up losing your battle. I pray to God, hopeful and wishing, that may you have the strength and ability to go on and on with a smile on your face. May he grant you with decent and well-mannered employers that will treat you like a family, or never the less, respect for human-being like you.

                  Don’t worry about us, we will carry on. I have the most responsible husband in the worlds, remember? :)

Just enjoy the experience, and most importantly, do not take away that positivity and the will power that you have inside of you.

                   We love you very much, keep safe and try to have a constant communication with us as much as possible.

                   Smile with the world, and the world will smile back at you.

                   God bless you in every way.

Love,
Clary
Ismael
Ken
Joaqui



Comments

Clary Diary said…
I miss my best friend so much! Sigh.... :(

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and