Skip to main content

PUBLIC OR PRIVATE SCHOOL FOR OUR PRE-ELEMENTARY STUDENTS?



Indeed, mothers want to give the best education for their children.
As a mother myself, I admit that I am meticulous in choosing the right school for my children especially for my 4-year old son. I haven’t enrolled him yet this year because his Occupational Therapy is still on-going and we are still working out to prolong his attention span before sending him to a regular school so I have several months more to scout for the right school that fits in to my qualifications for my precious son.

I have a friend who asked my opinion about the type of school that her 5-year old daughter should go. She wanted to enroll her to a private school but unfortunately, the family income is not sufficient to pay the expensive tuition fees and miscellaneous fees that a private school has. She ended up sending her daughter to a public school nearby but she is not satisfied with the way of teaching that her daughter gets.


I believe that pre-school is the most crucial stage of learning that our children can get. It has a huge impact on our child’s development as they grow older and they might live with what they learned during these years when they are already adults.

There are a lot of aspects that we must consider before enrolling them to any school. My now grade-six student, Ken has been a pre-schooler before and these are the aspects and features that I considered before I send him to his current school.

First, I went to that school and have a research about their way of teaching and handling the students. For me, having a great compassion to kids is the most important thing because I don’t want them to experience rudeness and improper dealing with their tantrums as most children have. I’ve heard a lot of negative issues with regards to teachers having lost of temper to their students and ending up hitting them. It usually happens in a public school where the number of students per section is really overwhelming that is why it turns out to be difficult to the teachers to handle them.

I think the teachers should be patient and determined especially when they are handling nursery, kinder and preparatory students because they are still too young and might have show stubbornness, clumsiness and tantrums. Being a teacher is a noble profession but it requires a lot of effort, determination and passion to be a good one.

Secondly, the school facilities. It must be child-friendly and at the same time it must be a haven for learning for our children.

Of course, we should also consider the distance of the school from our house because we don’t want our kids to get tired from their journey to their school.

I guess the amount of tuition fees and miscellaneous fees are also important because we have to consider our family income if we have the capability to pay the school because otherwise, our kids will also suffer if they don’t get the enough support for their needs because of financial instability.


Education is the best thing that we can give to our children because this is where their future lies.


                            Joaqui visited his kuya Ken at school

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and