Skip to main content

Manic Monday

There is only one thing that mothers are anticipating for right after summer vacation. It is the first day of school. A few weeks ago, or maybe a couple of months ago, I am constantly planning for my eldest son’s next school year. He’s an incoming grade six student and of course, I wanna start his school year certainly right. June 6 is the first day of school. Coming from a two-month summer vacation, I make it a point that he’ll condition his heart, mind, body and spirit before going back to school. 



During vacation, I let him do all the things that he wanted to do. I allow him to do a whole lot of play, malling, and computer. I believe that he must enjoy the weeks and free his mind from a lot of stress that the exams, projects, reports and all the lessons have brought him. While my kid is at play, I am busy planning and preparing for the next school year. From the school uniform, things that he need in school up to the planning of his daily “baon” because he’ll going to be in school the whole day. I have to prepare his lunch right before he goes to school in the morning. I bet it’ll be a struggle for all the moms out there to plan for the variety of dishes that our kids will love and will surely eat at school. All of those things are keeping boggling into my mind during summer vacation. So before the school year starts, I’m glad that I made all the preparations with flying colors.

Sunday night. I ironed his uniform. I checked the things in his bag if it’s complete already. I slept early so that I’ll have the energy and the will to get up at 5am. It drew a smile on my face thinking that everything is set.

What a bad dream. Oh, I just had a bad dream that made me open my eyes in the morning. So, I opened up my eyes, directly looking at the wall clock. Oh my God! It’s 6:55am and my son should be in school on or before 7am! I grabbed my cell phone and checked why it didn’t sound the alarm. How stupid of me because I prepared everything, all is set, except the alarm clock. Which I forgot that it is the second most important thing after preparing the things because there lies on when are you gonna get to school early. Too bad, I forgot to set the alarm. So I get up, woke my son up, cooked his breakfast as fast as I can. We left the house at exactly 7:15am. It’s a good thing because his school is just a 5-minute ride from home. But the waiting for the jeepney to arrive can took us 10 to 15minutes. We reached his school at exactly 7:30am. The flag ceremony hasn’t started yet because the teachers and parents are busy looking up for the names of their children at the bulletin board to find their section and room numbers. I’m glad my son is a consistent honor student, so I didn’t have to look for his name and section at the bulletin board because he always belongs to the star section.

I send him to his room, where there is no teacher yet. I stayed for a couple of minutes inside his classroom. His classmates greeted me, had a little chat because I knew a lot of them already, and then said goodbye to my son after a few words of encouragement. I know he’ll do well in school because he has our full support and unconditional love that will make him continuously excel among his peers.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and