Skip to main content

Cheap and Easy Recipe: Home-cooked Burger Steak Meal


As a full-time housewife, I always have a feeling that I'm obliged to stretch out the budget and find affordable dishes until the next "sweldo" arrives.

My kids are picky eaters. They don't eat veggies especially if they see it in chunks. So, as much as possible, I try to incorporate one or two kinds of veggies to the viand and make it appear appealing to their eyes with the hidden veggies in it.




Home-cooked Burger Steak




I have always loved the Jollibee burger steak ever since it came out in the market. My family and I also consider the burgers as our comfort food. So, I decided to make a home-cooked burger steak meal which is delicious and affordable.

Here's my recipe.


Ingredients:

For the burger patty:

400g ground pork (107pesos from Savemore)
1 medium size carrot (13pesos from the nearby Sari-Sari Store)
1 onion (3pesos)
garlic (2pesos)
3tbsp flour (3pesos)
Salt and pepper 

For the gravy:

1 can button mushroom (34pesos)
garlic (2pesos)
1tbsp flour (1peso)
1/2 cup of water
1teaspoon soysauce
Salt and pepper


Procedure:

Mix the ground pork, grated carrot (I used the cheese grater), diced onion and garlic, salt and pepper, flour and water (to bind the ingredients together). Form it in a shape of burger patty then fry.

In a separate pan, saute garlic, button mushroom, then add the slurry (mixture of flour and water to thicken the sauce) then add the salt and pepper to taste. Add a teaspoon of soysauce for the desired light brown color. Stir in low fire until you get the consistency of a gravy.

Pour over the cooked burger patties and serve.

You can make 8 pieces of delicious burger patties that costs 165pesos only.


Ganun talaga, if you're on a tight budget, you could think of yummy and affordable recipes easily. 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENERGEN: My Tummy's Best Friend

I’ve always had a history of hyper-acidity  (also known as acid dyspepsia) since high school. I don’t know when or how did I get it, all I know is just it’s screwing me for over a decade. I am a slow-gainer. I was very skinny back in my elementary days. My mom let me tried different kinds of vitamins but none of them took effect on me. My dad is an OFW back then and when he comes home he jokingly asks my mom if she’s still feeding her kids because me and my only brother look like bamboo sticks (that’s what our bullies called us because we’re thin and tall) even if we get to eat whatever we want. Maybe we have a fast metabolism which everybody envies about especially now that I have kids already, eating everything that I want and still not getting fat. I remember the times that I’ve been hospitalized because of hyper-acidity. The doctor will always come up to a theory that I might be skipping meals but honestly not. Then he’ll ask me if I drink a lot of soda or coffee and de

What’s the Best Tasting Milk for Pregnant Women?

I just gave birth five months ago. When I was still pregnant, I was given the chance to try three different kinds of milk that is best suitable for pregnant women. Every time I visit my OB-Gynecologist, there was always a sample of milk especially made for pregnant women given by the promo representatives of each milk in the waiting area. I have tried at least three of them and I would like to give you my honest opinions regarding its taste because this kinds of milk are known to have unpleasant taste since it is loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients so it is tend to taste like medicine even if it is flavored.

Discounts and Privileges for the Persons With Disability

It was only last year when I heard about the PWD card that would give the persons with disability (PWD) the privileges entitled for their needs. The local government amended the Republic Act No. 7277, an act for providing for the rehabilitation, self development, and self reliance of persons with disability and their integration into the mainstream of society and for other purposes and otherwise known as The Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, was passed in March 24, 1992. I am a proud mom of a six-year old child with special needs. He is my second child who was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay Syndrome. Ever since he was a baby, we noticed some of his traits on lack of potential at certain points of development that made us confused about what to do so we consulted to a Developmental Pediatrician. He was born as an eight-month premature baby boy, sickly and always in the hospital for a long period of time. We're taking good care of him with unconditional love and